After apples and raspberries, strawberries are the third breeding programme with which Markus Kobelt, the founder and owner of Lubera® and co-managing director of Lubera Edibles, has started. Since the beginning of strawberry breeding, Lubera® has repeatedly succeeded in positioning new, better-tasting and healthier strawberry varieties on the market. And these breeding successes are now also available as young plants in the Lubera Edibles range. In this podcast, Markus Kobelt and Frederik Vollert talk about the current assortment, how it came about and where the journey of the strawberry is heading in the future.
You have the option of playing the podcast as audio or video.
Audio: The Lubera® strawberry families
Video: The Lubera® strawberry families
- How long has Lubera® been breeding strawberries?
- What is special about Lubera® strawberry breeding?
- How successful has the breeding been so far?
- Which strawberry groups are there?
- How does Markus Kobelt assess the future of strawberries in the home garden sector?
- The podcasters' favourite strawberry varieties